Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday's Journal

Today's journal requires us to reflect upon the quote " I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something." To me this quote is saying different things. One thing it could be saying is that a little bit of money can last you your entire lifetime, since it does not get more or less, but if you buy something, you loose that money. It could also be saying that money might seem like something you should rely upon, and will support you your entire life, but you buy things with money, it has no other purpose, so getting money would mean you would lose it, otherwise there's no point in having any money at all if your not willing to spend it on something. It could also be saying that a little money might seem like a lot if you save it for a long time, you could say," I have enough money to last me the rest of my life!" without mentioning the fact that you only have a certain amount that you can buy one item, which is called making something seem like more than it actually is.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Interesting observation.