Monday, September 21, 2009

Sept 21, 2009 blog

Today's blog shows a video of people showing their past mistakes and tragedies, and how they trusted in God to fulfill the promises in the bible, and put their hearts and minds at rest and whatever else he promised. Most of them had really big tragic incidents, suicide of a son, death of child, etc. Some of them weren't as big of a deal, but still important to the individual I guess.

It's good to be able to let get of things sometimes. Some people drown in their own sorrow because they can't let go of the past. So I would say this was successful in making people happier in generally themselves. It was successful because the people had been able to forgive whatever had happened in the past, and that was God's purpose I'm sure. I'm glad these people found themselves a way to cope with things of the past.

The most dramatic moment for me was probably the suicide of son moment. General death doesn't effect me as much as suicide does. Suicide is something that if happened to someone close to me, I would probably be in a very dark place in my life for a long time. Just the thought of them being so depressed to take their own life, makes you feel kind of like there was nothing you could have done to help them. I'm sure it was hard for that mother to go up there and admit that, but I'm sure she feels better about it now.

1 comment:

Michael Paul said...

The point Stephen is that there are no big a little moments when it comes to God's love and grace. He treats every moment of our lives as if each moment is the most important.

5, 5