Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hero

Today's blog shows a video of a band playing a song called "Hero". This is one of those songs, like many others, that it's up to you to decide to what this song's meaning behind it is. It can be differently in so many different ways. It really all depends on what the person values.

For me this video up to the point where they said"A hero living inside of me" I thought it was talking about our societies heroes, the policemen, firemen, doctors, the men and women in the war. People that spend their lives helping others in tremendous ways.I mean everyone helps out others in some form during their jobs, but there are a particular group of people which are literally there to serve and protect.

When they said the line" A hero living inside of me", I personally thought maybe they were talking about when you do something you thought you would of never been able to do, whether it have been because of adrenaline, or a loved one was in danger, I don't know it could be for a number of reasons. I know enough about Christianity that the people in this video, since they are a christian band, we're referring to Jesus being they're hero. A hero isn't afraid to die, they said something like that, that also increased my guess that they were referring to Jesus as their "hero".

This video communicates "a" message effectively, but I don't know if it's "the" message they wanted to send out, but I can't read the band members minds.

No comments: