Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blog for wednesday

I think that if you just watch this video about this situation, you’ll agree with the Farnans, but instead of just watching the video from this website, I thought maybe I should read a little more about this first, and state my opinion. If a Christian teacher had said that evolution is an unproven atheistic mindset people would be up in arms. We should not discriminate between inappropriate absolutist comments on belief/non-belief in a public school class room regardless if they are made by an atheist teacher or a religious one. Just because you don’t like the opinion of the teacher, I really don’t think you should sue a teacher because you don’t like they’re opinions. Also Dr. Corbett’s classes have very high pass rate, with 80% of the American population stating themselves as, “Christian” I think he wasn’t the only one of them in his class, if he didn’t like what he was hearing, or felt like his teacher was disallowing him to learn, he could have just switched teachers or changed to a different course.

No comments: